Temporary Assistant Accountant
|Job Title||Temporary Assistant Accountant|
Our client in Ilkley is looking for a talented and pro-active Assistant Accountant to join their business for a period of around 6-9 months to cover maternity. You will be responsible for supporting the Financial Accountant, carrying out the day to day running of the Company accounts.
Duties to include:
• Being the first point of contact for both internal and external accounts queries
• Complete all administration of sales and purchase ledger processes
• Daily processing of bank statement, including allocating payments and receipts
• Producing month end income reports online and pro-forma sales
• Ensure the team meets moth end deadlines involving invoice runs and management accounts completion
• Calculate commission and maintain records on third party commissions
• Assist with the preparation of VAT returns, including partial exemption calculation, EC sales lists and MOSS
• Any other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Financial Accountant
• AAT qualified or working towards qualification
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Previous administrative and accounts experience
• Good knowledge of accounting and booking keeping
• Experience using accounting systems such as Sage or TAS
• Excellent MS Excel experience
Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately we cannot reply to all personally. If you have not heard from us within 10 days please assume that you have not been successful this time.
Synergem Recruitment is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.